Osiyemi v. Societe Generale Bank Ltd. (2001) 11 NWLR (Pt.725)563 Osiyemi v. Societe Generale Bank Ltd. (2001) 11 NWLR (Pt. 725) 563
ATINUKE OMOBONIKE IGE Justice of The Court of Appeal of Nigeria
SULEIMAN GALADIMA Justice of The Court of Appeal of Nigeria
PIUS OLAYIWOLA ADEREMI Justice of The Court of Appeal of Nigeria
Core Terms Beta
deputy general manager
amended statement of defence
rate of n45,000.00
return of the peugeot
sr motor car
alternative n10,000.00 damages
alternative n57,100.00 damages
appointment of the plaintiff
breach of the said conditions of employment
careful study of the issues
cited case of nwagbanebi v
conclusion of evidence
conditions of the contract of service
cost of the car
date of the termination of his appointment
high court of lagos state
letter of resignation
notice of appeal
occupation of the official residence
occupation of the said premises
payment of the sum of n142,716.59
possession of premises
possession of the plaintiff
provision of amenities
return of the amenities
staff hand book exh
staff matters item
term of the contract
total sum of n57,100.00
unsecured housing loan
wrongful termination of the plaintiff
PIUS OLAYIWOLA ADEREMI, J.C.A. (Delivering the Leading Judgment): In the court below, High Court of Lagos State (Coram Adeyinka J.) the plaintiff (hereinafter referred to as appellant) had brought an action against the defendant (hereinafter referred to as respondent) claiming the following reliefs:
(1) An order that the purported termination is wrongful, illegal, null and void and of no effect whatsoever.
(2) An order that the plaintiff is still the Deputy General Manager (Administration).
(3) An order restraining the defendants their servants, agents, and/or privies from preventing the plaintiff from continuing his job as Deputy General Manager (Administration).
(4) An order of specific performance of the Housing Loan Agreement i.e. that the defendants be ordered to complete all their obligations under the term of the contract, or return to the plaintiff his title document to enable him find another mortgage.
(5) ALTERNATIVELY, N1,100,000.00 (One Million, One Hundred Thousand Naira)…
There's more. Sign in to continue reading.
judy.legal is the comprehensive database of case law and legislation from Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria. Gain seamless access to over 20,000 cases, recent judgments, statutes, and rules of court.