Court of Appeal · CA/L/320/2000 · 30 Nov 2000 · Nigeria ·
Obasanya v. Omolaja (2001) 2 NWLR (Pt.697)266 Obasanya v. Omolaja (2001) 2 NWLR (Pt. 697) 266
GEORGE ADESOLA OGUNTADE Justice of The Court of Appeal of Nigeria
CHRISTOPHER MITCHELL CHUKWUMA-ENEH Justice of The Court of Appeal of Nigeria
AMIRU SANUSI Justice of The Court of Appeal of Nigeria
Core Terms Beta
rules of this honourable court
records of appeal
record of appeal
certificate of return of election
purpose of this appeal
mr. rotimi jacobs of counsel
learned trial judge
hearing of this appeal
local government law no.
notice of preliminary objection
relitigation of the issue of jurisdiction
local government elections
rule of law
interim order of mandamus
such public duty
virtue of section
local government councilors
chairman of lagos mainland
determination of this appeal
court of appeal
favour of the 4th respondent
respect of this matter
independent national electoral commission
bundle of documents
CHUKWUMA-ENEH, J.C.A. (Delivering the Leading Judgement): This application was filed on 5/9/2000 by the appellant/applicant seeking the following reliefs:
1. AN ORDER for departure from the rules of this Honourable Court by allowing the appellant/applicant to compile the Records of Appeal and treating the bundle of documents compiled by the appellant/applicant and attached to this application as Exhibit 'SO' as the record of appeal for the purpose of this appeal.
2. AN ORDER accelerating the hearing of this appeal by abridging the time within which the parties are to file their briefs of argument.
3. AN ORDER accelerating the hearing of this appeal.
4. AN INTERIM ORDER restraining the 1st and 2nd respondents from further recognizing the 4th respondent as Councilor for 'Ward F' (180) Lagos Mainland Local Government or further permitting him to occupy and function in that office pending the hearing and determination of this appeal.
5. AN INTERIM ORDER restraining the 4th respondent fro…
There's more. Sign in to continue reading.
judy.legal is the comprehensive database of case law and legislation from Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria. Gain seamless access to over 20,000 cases, recent judgments, statutes, and rules of court.